Thursday 26 July 2012

Credits


Building a large and diverse collection of coins is a herculean task without the help of people around you. I would like to thank below people (in no particular order) who were very kind to me to shell out some money from their pockets for me:

Swati and Dattatray Kulkarni: My Parents, who introduced me to the world of coins. They contributed countless coins e.g. 10 paise Stainless Steel coins. Rs.5 Nehru and Rs.5 Indira Gandhi coins being major contributions.

Smt. Shaila Shevde: My maternal Grandma, added precious coin of Baroda 1 Paisa to my collection. I hope that some day she will give me Silver Rupee of George VI (A.D. 1940-1945).

Sudha Kulkarni: My paternal Grandma, gave me a bunch of 25 paise Rhino coins. Surprisingly the bunch was having coins dated from 1989-2002. She gave me Rs.10 black boat currency notes as well.  

Sanket Kulkarni: My brother,countless indian coins he added to my collection.
 
Pallavi Kulkarni: My wife, contributed Thai coins to my collection.

Sneha Shevade: My relative, she contributed with some rare coins of Rs.2 Supreme court of India, Rs.5 Bhagwan Mahavir and Rs.10 coin.

Kirti and Tushar Limaye: My friends, to whom I am Indebted much for all their help, who are biggest contributors to build a collection of US$ and US quarter $s.Its because of them that I am hoping to complete the collection of all US quarter dollars.

Adhishri and Hemant Patankar: My friends in Australia. They gifted me an expensive Aussie $1 colored coin and some beautiful Aussie stamps.Thanks for being so kind.

Vinay Shendye: My cousin brother, he gifted me precious coin of GeorgeVI Tiger rupee.


Abhijit Chiplunkar: My friend, gifed me couple of rare US quarter $ coins.

Vishal Bulbule: My Friend, contributed Japanese coins to my collection.

Madar Gokhale: My friend in Merchant Navy gifted me Russian coins.

Bharat Moghe: My friend, gifted me British coins.

Narayan Deshpande: My Friend, contributed British and US coins to my collection.

Nandita Kashalkar: My relative (Vahini), She gifted me beautiful Swiss francs.

Shirish Deshpande: My friend, gifted me some beautiful coins of Australia.

Santosh Pednekar: My friend working in Qatar, gifted me coin of 50 Dirham.

Saurabh Kapoor: My friend and colleague, added some indian coins with a die variety I was looking for in my collection. He was not aware of what a die variety is but he kept showing me some coins and I just picked some of them.

Amit Joshi: My friend and colleague, contributed couple of 50 paise coins to my collection.

Grocery Shop Owners near my house(Names Unknown): They gave me couple of rare 50 paise coins.

Indrajit Patil: My colleague, who was very courteous to gift me my first euro coins when he noticed that euro coins were missing in my collection.

Madhavi Kulkarni: My aunt, gave me Bangladeshi Taka coin. I wonder from where she got it as she lives in a village in konkan.

Bhushan Shaligram: My colleague who has a unique collection of 'stirer' gifted me beautiful coins of Singapore Dollar, Malaysian Ringgit and Canadian cents.

Meet Idnani: My fellow Infoscion [ Infosys employee], he gave me coins of Iceland which are very rare to get in India considering the geographic location of Iceland.

Amol Vyawahare: My colleague in Infosys who returned from US and gifted me some rare state quarter dollars.

Manoj Salunkhe: My colleague in Infosys who gifted me beautiful coins of 1, 5 Yen (Japan).

Amit Singh Pawar: My fellow Infoscion [ Infosys employee], who is very enthusiastic about coin collection [ though he himself does not collect coins] reminded me several times to collect Russian Rubles from him and finally I manages to collect them after 4 months of communication.

Smt. Shaila Shevde: My Grandma gifted me one of the most precious coin in my collection. It is 10Rs. Gandhiji coin having 80% silver in it.It was released in 1969 and was gifted to my grandma by my grandpa on the occasion of Diwali back in past that even grandma also don't remember the exact year. Grandpa passed away when i was a child and hence i consider this coin as his souvenir for me. Thanks Grandma !!!

Abhijeet Sarwade, Nitin Hujare, Nilesh Sonavani: Pleasure to have these friends at Infosys and in Milwaukee. The life was very enjoyable with these nice guys. All helped me in one or other ways to build my US coins collection. Abhi(jeet) was as excited as me to find new coins for my collection and used to ask me if I have a coin that is in his pocket. Thanks my dear friends!


Raju Ganapathi: My fellow colleague, friend and a 'Biryani' master chef. He was having a piggy bank full of US coins and he generously gave it to me to take whichever the coin I may want. I got bunch of US state quarters and national parks quarters from him. Thanks much Raju bhai and I will always miss a chicken biryani cooked by you!

No comments:

Post a Comment