Monday 3 July 2017

USA 50 States and 6 Territories Quarters Map Album

Finally in the month of June2017, I was able to get all the quarter coins from US 50 states quarter program and 6 Territories quarters program. 56 coins a collection spanned over the period of 11 years of coin release program.There is no other way than to put the coins in a good album when we have so many coins in a collection. Only a collector would know how much happiness and a satisfaction I have got while completing this collection.

I started collecting these quarters back in 2008 i.e. when the program was almost at the end of release by US mint. I was in US for 2 months of assignment and that's when I came across these beautiful coins of USA. I liked the concept of displaying specialty of each state on a coin. However, collecting US coins being in India was a daunting task as I did not have any relative in US. However my friends Kirti-Tusahr were there who took time to collect many coins for me. However, the serious efforts were started only after I came to US on long term assignment in 2015. I started collecting these coins from collector's point of view i.e. started collecting quarters from both Denver[D] and Philadelphia [P] mints.

Now, I have all 50 states quarters from both mints and all territories quarters of D mint. I am happy to display it below. It has all quarters from D mint.




Thanks to all my friends who helped me in this.

Sources for collection in US:
  1. The most important source is 'Bank Rolls'. You can get coin rolls of all denominations in any US bank. If you have a checking account in any bank, they are always happy to offer you any sort of coin rolls to you.
  2. Coin vending machines in different grocery stores like Walmart/ Pick-n-save.
  3. Off course, change in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment